Themes & topics for the cancer control summit
Summit Theme: Innovative Solutions for Rural and Remote Cancer Control Issues: Today and Tomorrow
Goal: To provide an interactive, inspiring, and multidisciplinary environment for communities of practice to network, share, and discuss innovative and workable solutions to common rural and community cancer control issues.
Objectives: To provide participants from all areas of the continuum of cancer control who have interests in improving cancer service delivery in a community, rural and remote setting with:
- An understanding of workable solutions for key cancer control issues
- New partnerships which can be used to establish communities of practice
- A multidisciplinary and innovate perspective which can best address rural and community service delivery challenges
- An awareness of potential partnerships which can be leveraged to enhance community-based cancer control
- An understanding of how developments in the private sector can enhance rural cancer control
The Summit will feature presentations on innovative solutions in the following control-related categories:
1. Improving Access to Services
We will explore solutions for providing quality services closer to home overcoming barriers to reach services as well as cultural and language differences.
View the list of speakers and a feature video: Improving Access to Services
2. Improve Knowledge Translation and Integration of Best Practices
Explore and discuss solutions to achieve consistent standards and quality of care through specialized education and training programs while developing communities of practice.
View the list of speakers and a feature video: Improve Knowledge Translation & Integration of Best Practices
3. Healthier Communities
Explore and discuss solutions to enhance community and patient education such as social marketing and community participation.
View the list of speakers and a feature video: Healthier Communities
4. Innovative Ways to Increase and Maximize Resources
Explore and discuss solutions to increase and maximize existing resources through partnerships with other organizations
View the list of speakers and a feature video: Innovative Ways to Increase and Maximize Resources
5. Information Technology and Telehealth
Explore and discusss solutions to enhance communication, service delivery and data management for rural and remote locations and community health organizations.
View the list of speakers and a feature video: Information Technology and Telehealth
6. Human Resources
Explore and discuss solutions for traditional service delivery models versus new service delivery models and best ways of managing change in the organization.
View the list of speakers and a feature video: Human Resources